Monday, June 21, 2010

Vieux Farka Toure Live in Concert

Early on in the springtime, I believe it was Record Store Day, some friends and I went to the NOMO/Vieux Farka Toure concert amongst a small crowd at the Billiken Club. It was a magical experience with communal dancing, singing, and smiling. I just remember feeling so uplifted by the simple happiness displayed by the gang onstage. Anywho, I discovered a full live offering
from Vieux Farka with the south-african indie psychadelic group BLK JKS. The show took place at the Festival Rio Loco on June 18 (a couple a days ago) and it captures to some degree the experience that my friends and I absorbed. We rave about this show a lot and so this is my way of sharing the experience with friends who so loathe me for the amount of times I reference to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment